Thursday, July 14, 2011

Charitable Thursday

I know, I know, it doesn't rhyme, or start with the same sound, or anything cool, but I'm feeling all "give"y and whatnot, so here ya go.

I got to donate blood yesterday! I've only done it once before. All the other times there was a drive, I was sick or my iron was low, and then I did that whole China thing, so I had to wait a year. Yesterday, however, I was just fine (aside from the whole post-donation "is Traci drunk?" super giggly phase. Lol). This was a very exciting moment for me. I hate needles, but I always like being charitable and helping people out, so after it was over, I was happy.

So, here's my shameless plug for charities in general. Some of my favorites are Virginia Blood Services (VBS), Alex's Lemonade (they raise money to fight childhood cancer), American Cancer Society (another cancer one, with Relay for Life, a fun over-night event to raise money), American Heart Association (pretty self-explanatory). There's probably about a million others that I try to support when I can, but these are some of the near and dear ones. Go donate, kids. It's good for the soul.

What are your favorite charities?

No comments:

Post a Comment