Monday, June 27, 2011

Contest!

I'm all about free stuff, espeically if said free stuff helps me write better. Unicorn Bell is hosting a contest right now for a copy of "The Breakout Novelist" by the Donald Maas Agency (enter here). They also do a number of critiques of pieces that need help. I submitted a piece when they were asking for any 350 words that "just didn't work". I believe they gave me some of the BEST critiques of my life. I was only expecting one, but I ended up getting 3 different opinions on it. I cannot even tell you how helpful that was, not just for that particular blurb, but for the rest of my WIP as well.

On that note, if your WIP needs some good advice, Critique Circle is a good place to look. Not all the advice you get will be helpful (or even worth your time), but I've found that the majority of the people who take the time to critique my work have good advice, or point out things that I, as the writer, simply don't notice. Worth a look, no?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Traci, I can't find your email address on here, so I'll just write this in your comment section :)

    I got "tagged" by a fellow blogger last week. It's just a fun little post answering five questions--I'm going to answer them and post on Thursday. Then I'm supposed to "tag" five bloggers. I don't actually know 5, so...tag! You're it! You totally don't have to if you don't want to, but it seems like a fun way to drive a little more blog traffic your way. If you're interested, you can check out my blog on Thursday, or Marji's post from last week where she answers the 5 q's. Her site is marjilaine.blogspot.com if you want to check it out. If you want to chat more about it, my email is Lindsey (at) LindseyBogason (dot) com

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete