Sunday, June 26, 2011

Time Out!

I don't like not writing. When I'm not writing, as I've previously mentioned, I'm moody and irritable. Well, the past few days have been not so good on the writing front. My parents spent the weekend celebrating their 25th anniversary, so there were a bunch of events related to that. I'm moving, so I've been apartment and furniture hunting. I'm fighting off some nasty bug, so I'm sleeping a lot. All in all, not so conducive to a good writing weekend. This is, however, the last full weekend in a rather long list of them. Finally, there's no one left to graduate, no more parties to plan, and I can get on with my regularly scheduled life.

Yeah, right! Life is never "normal". It was a nice thought, though.

So, I'm starting a new project! It's actually not new, but I'm the newbie to the project. It's called Good Book Alert. Independently published authors or authors who used small publishers can submit their books (not right now, though; due to popularity, the reviewers need some time to catch up!) for review. If someone from the crew thinks it could be interesting (and it's been submitted properly and meets the guidelines), he or she reads the book, reviews it, rates it, and posts the review and links to the book on the blog. It's all about finding new talent and informing the public of the good things to be found in the less-well-known areas. This is a great place to look if you want something good to read. Reviews are only posted for books that rate 3 stars or higher. So far there are about 50 reviews, and there are more on the way.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment