Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm here: the party can start now.

Yeah, my family always roll their eyes at me when I say that, too. However, I'm here; I finally jumped on the blogging bandwagon. Any why, you may ask, have I not done so before? Two reasons, really.

1) Everyone has their own opinion. Don't get me wrong; that's a good thing! It can, however, lead to disagreements or arguments or whatever, and I'm not a fan.

2) What do I have to offer? I'm not that funny. (Trust me, my sister would be happy to tell you that. In fact, she'd probably pay you to sit there and listen to her tell you just how not funny I am.) I don't really have any advice to offer. (You have to be knowledgeable in something for that, and what do I know? Well, except for how to get survive college, or travel to Asia by yourself.)

In the end, however, I decided to do it anyway, so here I am! I'm a Virginia Tech graduate ('06-'10) who works a 9-5 and has a crazy dream of someday being a published author (hence the blog title). Herein I will share my day-to-day writing experience (the good stuff, the not-so-fun stuff, word count, and goals), share fun writerly things I run across, and hold Writer's Anonymous meetings, for those of you who, like me, find that your (usually) less-than-harmful addiction to words can hinder everyday life. Or just the writing part of it. Anywho, enough for now.

TTFN--ta ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment