Thursday, August 18, 2011

AIM Day 18

Word Count: 6420
Song of the Day: Everything'll Be Alright (Will's Lullaby) by Joshua Radin

Today I've got an odd one. Shocking, I know.

Find inspiration in a bad critique.

A few days ago, I got a critique that I felt was unduly harsh. Every tiny thing was torn to shreds, and it seemed like the critter didn't enjoy my style or what I had written. At first, I was upset. I couldn't figure out why this person was even bothering with my piece if s/he found it so horrid. A few days out now, I've come to terms with it. I know not everyone is going to like what I write or how I write it. After all the passion wore off, I decided to use the bad review to make my writing stronger.

How do you handle negative comments on your work?

No comments:

Post a Comment