Monday, August 22, 2011

AIM Day 22

Word Count: 8,205
Song of the Day: Hell on Heels by the Pistol Annies

Today, my advice is to have obnoxious friends.

Okay, maybe not obnoxious...

I met Stephanie in high school. We've been friends ever since. Stephanie is one of those people who could be considered to have an abraisive personality. She doesn't sugar coat things, and if she wants something, she'll let you know. I made the fortuitous decision to let Stephanie read the first few chapters of my current work in progress. At the moment, I've been writing the "candy scenes" so that I could stall as I was figuring out the next chapter. I had dinner with Stephanie last night, and she let me know that she is none-too-patiently waiting for the next few chapters of my WIP. Seeing as I won't send someone a chapter when I'm in the middle of it, I need to get this chapter done so she can read it. In the mean time, I know she'll nag me until it's done. That's motivation, for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment