Tuesday, August 23, 2011

AIM Day 23

Word Count: 8341
Song of the Day: According To You by Orianthi

Earthquake!!!

With the epicenter being only about 39 miles from here, a few of the nearby buildings sustained damage. Not ours, though. I spent the afternoon soothing nerves and assuring customers that we hadn't been ignoring them; we'd just evacuated the building. One of our agents called to check on us, and she said, "I hope you all have earthquake insurance!"

(That's probably a lot more funny if you spend 40 hours a week shuffling insurance calls to different people.)

Small as that little scare of ours was, comparatively, it got me thinking: What am I leaving behind if something happens? I always wanted to make a difference in the world, even just a small one. It would be fantastic to have a published book out there somewhere as a legacy, no? But first, it has to be written.

What do you want to be your legacy?

No comments:

Post a Comment