Wednesday, August 24, 2011

AIM Day 24

Word Count: 8341
Song of the Day: Pray for You by Jaron and the Long Road to Love (Thanks to Elizabeth Sogard for the suggestion.)

Today, I'm taking a break.

I didn't make that decision until seriously five minutes ago. I like to get in a few thousand words a day (cuz you can't edit a blank page, right?), but today that just ain't happenin'. It feels absolutely insane, but I think I need it. I've been staring at my open document (not a blank one, btw) all morning and into the afternoon, and I've gotten nothing written. Seriously, not a word. I was pretty much freakin' out.

So I'm taking a break. I have way too much on my mind right now to type out one coherent sentence, let alone 3 pages' worth. Unless I am struck dumb with the Lightingbolt of Inspiration, I will be sitting here plotting my NaNo project.

Do you take breaks from writing? Does it help you?

And since I mentioned it...Are you doing NaNo this year? What's your project?

No comments:

Post a Comment